Daily Summary











Date , Activities/Experiences, Strategies/Methods/Techniques Observed, Learning/Insights

Sept. 05, 2017
-       This is the day I was deployed as a Student-Teacher. I only observed the classes of my cooperating teacher since this is my first day in Grade 10 class.
-          My cooperating teacher used lecture method as technique in her classes.
-         The cooperating teacher that was assigned to me was also the cooperating teacher that I have when I am taking Field Study 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. For that instance, it is good to my part because we already knew each other. But then I must say that I should be ready new challenges and be prepared for whatever this profession will require.


Sept. 07, 2017
-         My second day as a student-teacher. My cooperating teacher stills the ones who facilitate the lesson for I will be able to adjust on the next lesson that will be provided. 
-       The students discussed the different things that they need to do in case of emergency during a disaster as part of their performance in the relation of their topic.
-       I am happy seeing them discussed by themselves. I was able to know that they already have deep insights and understanding about their topics. I am looking forward to know them more.


Sept. 08, 2017
-         This day is just the continuation of the topic. As well as taking the sort summative exam.
-     The teacher used direct instruction and finishes the lesson for the students be able to take short summative.
-          I must say that this day made me realize that there are really different kinds of students. Based on the result of the summative, there are fast learners and one’s who need more time to better comprehend the lesson.


Sept. 11, 2017
-       I introduced the new topic about Module 2, Aralin 1: Globalisasyon (Konsepto at Anyo) to my students.
-        I used a game (LOGO Quiz) as a motivation. I used direct instruction to introduce to them the new topic that will be discussed to them.
-          This was the very first discussion I had as a student-teacher. It’s not easy to teach students who I barely know for days or weeks, but it was worth it. I thank them for lending their ears and giving their heart to accept me as their student-teacher.


Sept. 14, 2017
-          I continue the discussion about the topic Globalisasyon.
-         In this lesson, I used the deductive method. I started with the concepts and then proceed to the examples.
-          I must say that students learn a lot when you allow them to explore. By giving out some examples on what they know.


Sept. 18, 2017
-          We discussed about Iba’t-ibang Anyo ng Globalisasyon.
-          The students created diagram which consist of things that they will do and what they have observed inclined to the topic globalization.
-          They learn best when they relate their experiences and observations in the topic.


Sept. 19, 2017
-          SUMMATIVE TEST
-          I gave them a paper-and-pencil test.
-          I am happy to see the result after their summative. Most of them got high scores and only few are in the low scores.


Sept. 22, 2017
-          I continue the discussion about Pagharap sa Hamon ng Globalisasyon.
-          I asked them to write some PROS and CONS of having globalization I our country. I asked them to write what would be the positive and negative effect of it.
-          Students have many things in mind. What would we needed to do is to make that complicated things in mind to be in simple way. As their facilitator, we must help them understand what Is difficult to them.


Sept. 25, 2017
-          NO CLASSES DUE TO TRANSPORT STRIKE


Sept. 26, 2017
-          We checked the assignment I gave to them. After that, we continue the same lesson.
-          I used lecture method so that we will be able to finish the lesson within an hour because we need to make rush.
-          Interaction with the student is very important especially when you don’t have enough time to finish the lesson. If you are good to them, they will be good to you. This is what I have observed to them. They will help you and cooperate if you are also good to them.


Sept. 28, 29, and 30, 2017.
-          The school held the annual INTRAMURALS.


Oct. 02, 2017
-          ­ I’ve introduced the new topic, Aralin 2: Ang mga Isyu sa Paggawa.
-          I used lecture method and let my students explore using my instructional materials and motivation.
-          Instructional materials makes learning more interesting especially when your teaching aids are new to your students’ eyes.


Oct. 03, 2017
-          I continue the discussion about Mga Isyu sa Paggawa and relate it in the previous lesson by giving out example of real-life situations
-          I let them express their insights through the use of Oral recitation.
-          There are students who are good in expressing themselves in written works, but there are also students who are better in Oral. So better give them an opportunity.


Oct. 05, 2017
-          TEACHER’S DAY CELEBRATION


Oct. 06, 2017
-          DIVISION INTEGRATED COMPETITION


Oct. 09, 2017
-          Introduction of new topic about Globalisasyon at mga Isyu sa Paggawa.
-          I used lecture method and focus more in affective aspect of students by providing questions that will make them reflect on based of what they have experienced.
-          We must not always focus on the knowledge of students but also include their affective domain for they will be able to know their self.


Oct. 10, 2017
-          Continuation of topic by showing some documented stories.
-          Students are expected to do some essay form of test after watching the documented stories.
-          Let your students be moved to realities in life.


Oct. 12, 2017
-          On this day, I taught them about Mura at Flexible Labor.
-          I used reflective teaching. I asked them to think of their personal experiences that may be related to the topic.
-          Students should be given time to formulate their own examples.


Oct. 13, 2017
-          SUMMATIVE TEST
-          They had a paper-and pencil test.


Oct. 14, 2017
-          CLASSES WERE SUSPENDED DUE TO HEAVY RAIN


Oct. 16-17, 2017
-          NO CLASSES BECAUSE OF TYPHOON


Oct. 18, 2017
-          One of the most important days of being a student-teacher
-          FINAL DEMONSTRATION TEACHING
-          Overflowing happiness in fulfilling the life I have always dream of.


Oct. 19, 2017
-          Review for the preparation of Periodical Test
-          I used cooperative learning for the review to be more fun and exciting.
-          Teachers should know the difficulties of the students. Through this, she can somehow teach it and more during the preparation for exams.


Oct. 20-21, 2017
-          SECOND PERIODICAL EXAM


Oct. 23-27, 31, 2017
-          SEMBREAK (Remedial Classes, Checking of Exams, Item Analysis and Computation of Grades.


Nov. 02, 2017
-          I continue the discussion of the topic Migrasyon
-          We had game answering the question if you are going to somewhere, what place could that be and why?
-          It was fun to know that every students has their own dream in going to different places someday. We were able to know that some shares the same dream.


Nov. 07, 2017
-          PINNING CEREMONY @ BULACAN STATE UNIVERSITY


Nov. 9-10, 2017
-          COLEGE OF EDUCATION WEEK @ BULSU


Nov. 13-15, 2017
-          NO CLASSES DUE TO ASEAN SUMMIT


Nov. 16, 2017
-          I continue the discussion about Kasarian sa Iba’t-ibang Lipunan 
-          For this topic, I used direct instruction with showing of pictures related to the topic.
-          We should always make sure to ask the students about their ideas on the lesson. We must not limit their opportunities to express their learnings.


Nov. 17, 2017
-          I gave them short examination to know if they learned in the topic.
-          Paper and pencil test were given to the students.
-          Seatworks and activities should have easy to complex items to test the depth of understanding of the students.


Nov. 21, 2017
-          I discussed Gender Roles sa Pilipinas.
-          I let them watched a documentary about the gender roles not only in the Philippines but also in other country.
-          Many students are able to relate themselves from what they have watched. 


Nov. 23, 2017
-          This time, I discussed the Gender Roles sa Iba’t-ibang Lipunan.
-          I used lecture method and give examples that will differentiate the different gender roles in each country. We focus on giving examples of cultures that is related in gender roles.
-          Studying is the only way to travel for free. Through this lesson, we are able to have a look about the society of other country by merely giving some examples about their cultures.


Nov. 27, 2017
-          On this day, I discussed Kasaysayan ng LGBT sa PIlipinas.
-          Students did a timeline about the history of LGBT community in the Philippines.
-          The invisible minority is already making their noise. My students are very active in this lesson especially those who are member of LGBT community.  I realized that this topic may be sensitive to others but after discussing it, it will open your mind about the ideas behind it.


Nov. 28, 2017
-          I continue the discussion about LGBT movements.
-          Students elaborate the personalities who are part of LGBT community. They make a list of observations and discuss it into the class.
-          Let your students explore the topic for they already have their own ideas.


Dec. 04, 2017
-          SUMMATIVE TEST
-          I gave them a paper-and-pencil test.


Dec. 05, 2017
-          Introduction of new topic under Module 3, Aralin 2: Mga Isyu sa Kasarian sa Lipunan
-          I used direct instruction and asked them their insights about the topic.
-          The art of questioning makes the instruction appealing to the learners.


Dec. 07, 2017
-          I continue the lesson that we had yesterday and make it in deeper manner.
-          I used inductive method by asking easy to difficult questions.
-          Students are likely to give examples if they are already aware of its relation to the real life situations.


Dec. 11, 2017
-          Introduction of new topic about Karahasan at Diskriminasyon sa Kababaihan.
-          I used lecture method and discuss it to them in deeper manner.
-          Giving out students some examples really establishes a good point of instruction.


Dec. 12-14, 2017
-          My grade 10 classes are not in the school because the school is needed by the players of EDDIS.


Dec. 15, 2017
-          Giving thanks and goodbyes to all of my students for this is my last day in Practice Teaching.
-          Taking up some pictures that will serve as a good remembrance.
-          Finally, after so much hardships, I finally able to do it. To my 10-Masinop, 10-Masipag, 10-Magalang, 10-Magiliw, and 10-Matipid, THANK YOU!




Comments